TEAM A.S.S.I.S.T. PROGRAMS
Student Education Program
With our Brand Ambassadors and Volunteers, we are able to change the way students think about their sports activity in Middle & High School aged programs. With speaking engagements, statistics and authentic informational sessions we will positively impact student-athletes lives and #makeanassist by provoking new thoughts and interest in educational opportunities.
Sports Medicine & Safety Program
In order to establish a Sports Medicine & Safety Program, we must ensure the organizations have a clear and concise partnership that can establish the results we set out for.
Here are a few of the first steps we will take together!
Step 1: Educate youth on careers throughout sports
Step 2: Determine the program needs, timeline & goals
Step 3: Create detailed partnership strategy
Step 4: Build elements of Fundraising & Sponsorship Program
Step 5: Connect with Volunteers & Brand Ambassadors
Brand Ambassadors & Volunteer Coordination
Brand Ambassadors are a key element to building out a successful non-profit partnership. Our brand ambassadors can support by establishing peer-to-peer donations, setting up team goals, share our social media posts and partner events. All of these details ensure a positive impact on student-athletes greater than an individual could do by themselves.
In order to #makeanassist we MUST be on the same TEAM. When we work together, the student-athletes not only experience a safe play environment but they know they have the community supporting them throughout their school and sports career.
Anti-bullying & Emotional Intelligence
These two phrases our important aspects to building a community and service-oriented partner. With our combined resources we will provide these tools to student-athletes who can utilize the information in their day-to-day activity for the safety and health for all.
"Emotional intelligence is the ability to perceive emotions, to access and generate emotions so as to assist thought, to understand emotions and emotional knowledge, and to reflectively regulate emotions so as to promote emotional and intellectual growth."
- Mayer & Salovey, 1997
Career Development & Impactful Engagement
In order to encourage student-athletes to consider all sports career opportunities, we highlight the highs and lows of a career as “professional athlete”.
Successful career models in other industries such as but not limited to sport management, sports medicine, sports marketing and/or broadcasting are more obtainable than becoming a pro athlete.
Not to discourage, but to inform the student-athletes of their career potential, 99.7% of student-athletes will go on to other careers.
We create meaningful and impactful engagement with our non-profit partners that will develop leaders
on the field and in the classroom.
First Aid / CPR / AED Training
What's the AHA position on placement of AEDs?
Click to find out!
Within this program we will coordinate regular AED / First Aid / CPR trainings. If a program or school doesn't have access to an AED, we will work together to acquire AEDs for that particular school or sports program. In addition we will identify current and mandated educational training programs for students, coaches, parents and volunteers to have access to.
Partnerships for Technology Inclusion Program
All youth participating in school sports should have proper heart screenings and concussion baseline testing prior to Fall and Spring sport seasons.
Through sponsors & partners, we work to connect doctors and technology equipment that can provide proper heart screenings & concussion baseline monitoring.
HEALTH & WELLNESS PROGRAM
- Partner with hospitals to create a nutrition presentation that will provoke thought and influence change in personal decision making focused on health and wellness behaviors (eating well, keeping active).
- Schedule practitioners to present accurate, up-to-date Health & Nutrition information in schools.
- Incorporate visual evidence of nutritional math which correlates poor food nutrient intake directly with diabetes and the subsequent issues of obesity.
Diet: 1. The kinds of food that a person, animal, or community habitually eats. 2. A special course of food to which one restricts oneself, either to lose weight or for medical reasons.
Nutrition: The process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth.
join the team assist P. A. D. S. Program
Professional athletes donating ScholarshipS PROGRAM
This program will be accessible to Middle and High School student-athletes who request funds for current or additional:
- education credits
- internship opportunities
- trade school applications
- travel and transportation
- small businesses
- Recipient must be a 6th - 12th Grade Student with a minimum cumulative weighted grade point average of a 3.0 or higher at the end of the first semester of the giving year.
- Recipient must have ONE letter of recommendation from a coach, teacher or community business owner.
- Recipient must have participated in and regularly involved with church or other volunteer community service.
- Recipient must write and submit a personal letter to Foundation@teamassist.org as to why they should receive the scholarship.
- Recipient must include in their letter at least one career other than being a pro athlete they feel they could be interested in. We suggest to match career opportunity with the purpose of the funding, but it is not mandatory to win.
- Scholarship will be awarded without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, or national origin.
If you are a former or current professional athlete interested in giving back to student-athletes, please go here.